Prism water or galaxy water as some people call it. This beautiful drink is not only pretty but also good for you.
I first heard about this when I saw a video on YouTube where she made this drink with blue-green algae powder but then I also saw articles about this prism water being made with spirulina. So I decide to try this drink with spirulina since I always have this in the fridge, spirulina is also great in smoothies.
To make prism water you need to mix 1 teaspoon with 1,5 liter water and let it sit in the fridge overnight and then you will see that the water has gone from a dark green color to a light blue, purple color.
This is water is concentrated, to drink the prism water, fill your glass 1/4 up with the prism water and fill the rest of the glass up with regular water.
Prism water has a nutty flavor, I drank this in the morning to start of my day. If you are wondering why you would drink this besides that it totally Instagram worthy, well spirulina has lot’s of health benefits.
- Spirulina is a natural detox, it cleanses your body.
- Spirulina eliminates candida. If you are not familiar with candida, it is a family of yeasts and molds, which can occur naturally on the skin, mucous membranes and in the intestines. Candida lives on sugar so to get rid of this yeast you need to eat sugar free. Candida causes rashes, intestines problems and tear mouth.
- Lowers blood pressure, if you are in a moment of your life when you have a lot of stress because of work or school, drinking prism water or adding spirulina in your smoothie every morning will help lower your blood pressure.
- Reduces cholesterol.
- Lowers chance of a stroke and helps prevent cancer.
- Spirulina gives you a boost of energy, so this it’s also perfect to drink during or just before a workout.
- Alleviates sinus issues.
Have you tried prism water or will you after knowing all the health benefits? This will also look amazing on your next selfie at the gym.
See you soon,