Hi, I am Birgit and I am addicted to pumpkin spice latte’s.
Yes people,-and yes that is a Pumpkin spice flavored Baby lips cuz why not- It is that time of the year where every basic b*tches posts a thousand pictures of her pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks, including me #PSLforthewin. Some people might find this annoying but to those people all I can say is “Shut up and go drink your regular boring coffee”.
This year I wanted to make my own PSL at home because Starbucks is expensive and I am a poor student with a craving that needs to be satisfied. Now I know that it can be a lot of work for some people to make a syrup so I also made a simple and easy PSL recipe that doesn’t require you to make a syrup. But if I had to chose between the two I would go for the latte with the pumpkin spice syrup because it tasted just like the Starbucks pumpkin spice latte.
To make the Pumpkin Spice Latte syrup you will need:
3/4 cups water
3/4 cups brown sugar
1/4 pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
or instead of the pumpkin spice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
3 dashes cloves
- Combine water and brown sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the sugar is dissolved and then add the pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice. Let this cook for a few minutes and then turn the heat off and let the syrup cool before pouring it in a bottle.
- If you can’t find any pumpkin puree, just chop up a pumpkin and lay on a baking sheet and let this steam or bake on a low temperature until the pumpkin in soft. Blend the pumpkin up and it’s ready to use.
- I first poured my pumpkin spice syrup trough a sieve because I used homemade pumpkin puree and it wasn’t internally smooth. To finish the bottle of I add a tag with ‘Homemade pumpkin spice syrup’ written on.
To make the Pumpkin Spice Latte with the Pumpkin Spice Syrup, you will need:
2 teaspoons Pumpkin spice syrup
A shot of espresso (or strongly brewed coffee)
- Firstly get a mug and fill it a little more than half full with milk and pour that milk in another mug to heat it up in the microwave. In your first mug, the one with no milk in, pour in 2 tablespoon of the syrup and then add in an espresso shot. When your milk is hot and steamy, use an electric milk frother. You can easily find a milk frother for very cheap and it makes your lattes so much better.
- To top off you pumpkin spice latte, add on some whipped cream and a dash of pumpkin spice.
To make the easy Pumpkin Spice Latte, you will need;
1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon maple syrup or honey
3/4 cup warm milk
1 shot espresso
- Just as before you need to warm up your milk in the microwave or on a medium heat. Add to your shot espresso the maple syrup (or honey) and the pumpkin pie spice, mix this and then gratually add in your hot milk. To top it off I just frothed a little bit of hot milk with my electric milk frother and then added a dash of pumpkin spice.
I had so much fun making these pumpkin spice lattes and now I think I need to make a cold version of this. Like the frappucino they have at Starbucks or just a ice pumpkin spice latte.
I hope I made you have with these two recipes, they sure made me very happy. I’m already half trough my pumpkin spice syrup and soon I will make have to make me some more. Oh I just though of something, what if I made like a skinny pumpkin spice latte? Right? More deliciousness and less calories.
See you soon,