Unfortunately Halloween is over but that doesn’t mean you can’t make carved pumpkin cookies. The cookie on top is flavored with pumpkin spice and the cookie on the bottom is chocolate flavored, how great does that sound?
What do you need to make these Jack-O’-Lantern cookies;
1 Cup unsalted butter, softened
1 Cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons baking powder
3 Cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon cacao powder
- Preheat you oven to 350° F or 175°C.
- In a bowl mix together your sugar and butter until smooth and creamy. In a separate bowl combine you dry ingredients, then mix the dry ingredients with the wet. If it gets to hard to mix the dough with your mixer then start kneading the dough with your hands.
- I divided the dough in two and flavored one half with a teaspoon or so pumpkin spice and the other half with a one tablespoon and one teaspoon cacao powder.
- Then I rolled out the both of the dough’s and cut the pumpkin shape out the I wanted, I then cut out the eyes and carefully made the mouth on the pumpkin spice cookie dough.
- I placed a pumpkin spice cookie on top of a chocolate cookies and pinched the end so they would stick together.
- Bake the cookies for 6-8 minutes and let them cool.
You can also bake the chocolate and pumpkin spice cookies separately and then glue them together with some peanut butter or nutella.
Hope you try these out because they tasted amazing!
See you soon,