Start your day off right and make these pancakes for you and your family or just eat them all by yourself – I am not judging, you do you. Either way these are worth to try, they are fluffy, moist-MOIST, like that?- and very filling.
Want to hear something great? Apparently these aren’t as bad for you as you might think. I made these with spelt flour and raw sugar but you can easily substitute the raw sugar with coconut sugar.
To make these Greek yogurt pancakes, you will need:
2 cups spelt flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 tablespoons raw sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
2 1/2 coconut oil, melted (or any oil)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup plain non-fat greek yogurt
1 cup soy milk (or regular milk)
I also mixed in some blueberries
- Combine all your dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk, set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, combine together the eggs, oil, vanilla and yogurt. Add the milk and mix until combined.
- mix the dry and wet ingredients together, don’t overmix. At this point you can add in blueberries or chocolate chips if you want.
- Heat a pan/griddle on medium heat and add in some oil or butter. Pour 1/4 cup of the batter in the pan. cook them for 3-4 minutes, flip it an cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- I served my pancakes with some powdered sugar, berries and maple syrup.
Notes: In the places where there were blueberries in the pancakes the batter didn’t cook completely but it did tasted like yogurt pudding so I didn’t mind.
I really like this pancake recipe and I definitely will make these again. I got this recipe from Pinterest, where I basically get all my recipes.